Thursday, January 7, 2010

No movement = crumpled on the floor

I have got to find a better way to take care of my legs! We had two weeks off from dance and I did NOTHING during that time. Sure, I spent 9 hours Christmas shopping, but I didn’t workout. No cardio, no yoga, no pilates, no stretching. Nothing!

I’m regretting it now, that’s for sure!

Classes on Tuesday (which included a Polynesian Aerobics class – a mixture of Hula and Tahitian moves as well as strength training) totally kicked my butt. Yesterdays classes didn’t help. Half way through my first class (Ballet), my leg went out and I crumpled to the floor. Amazingly, I didn’t hurt myself, but man are my legs SORE today!

I know what I need to do. I need to not take two weeks off from ALL activity. I need to stretch more efficiently/often. This really should include some sort of daily yoga/pilates/stretching routine, I just can’t seem to motivate myself to DO it. I’m going to work on that though. If for no other reason than – I’m currently at work and the standing, sitting, bending, filing, standing, sitting again routine I have going on here is sort of painful. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment