Sunday, February 21, 2010

Comfort Ideas?

So, my cat of 16 years needs to be put to sleep. I haven’t gotten official word from the vet yet (I’m planning to take her in tomorrow), but I know that’s what’s going to happen.

She’s old, has a tumor over her eye, hasn’t been eating or drinking, she’s peeing/pooping wherever, hiding a lot… Basically, she’s waiting to die.

It’s really, really hard. I’m a bit of a mess about it. On one hand, I know that putting her to sleep is absolutely the best thing for her. She’s miserable. On the other hand, selfishly, I want her to die on her own so I don’t have to be the one to take her in.

Any suggestions on how to comfort myself about this would be appreciated. I know I shouldn’t soothe myself with food, but I predict a pint of ice cream will be consumed tomorrow night. Also, the box of Girl Scout cookies probably won’t make it more than a few days. I’m going to try my best to not curl up in a ball and cry because I’ve done enough crying and it doesn’t do anyone any good.

I think I should go clean the bathtub so I can take a bath tomorrow. Baths are a good soothing comforting thing, right?

In happier/different news, I think I’m going to do a little appearance experiment soon. Should be interesting to see the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment