Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year!

This year, instead of making the standard resolutions (i.e. “ be healthier,” and “get organized”), I’ve decided to make one resolution for each week of the year. I’m hoping that some of these things will become daily/weekly/monthly habits (things such as drinking more water, regularly cleaning and clearing clutter). There will be some things that are meant just for that particular time in my life (resolution for the week of my wedding – relax and enjoy these moments). Some weeks will have one “resolution” some will have multiples.

To make my life easiest – we’ll be assuming weeks start on Mondays:
Jan 2 – create accountability for resolutions AND pack lunch at least 3 days
Jan 9 – Track food intake AND re-focus on wedding plans


So, I haven't decided yet how I want to create this accountability. I think the first step is to resolve to post here at least once a week. I'm also thinking I might need to create an excel sheet or something to check off my accomplishments. Maybe a physical check off list - something to stare me in the face every day. So, by the end of the week I resolve to have the "check list" created. I won't necessarily have all the resolutions set for the entire year, but I plan to have at least a month or two done (the joy of this is it can be adjusted to ebb and flow with my life and activities).

What are YOUR resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. My plan is just to continue to eat healthy, exercise regularly, and drink lots and lots and lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 1 or 2 big resolutions doesn't work for me. Weekly things I should be able to do (if I can keep up with the accountability portion of it).

    Lots and lots and LOTS, and LOTSSSS of water! Congratulations, again, by the way!

    ReplyDelete